(for users of Website)
Last update: September 1, 2018
We thank you for visiting poweredbygrow.com (the “Website”) operated by Grow Technologies Inc. (“Grow”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
You may choose to give us personal information when you visit our Website. For example, you could be asked to provide personal information when you complete a contact form on our Website or when you begin a relationship with us through any means provided on the site, including your last name, first name, email address and phone number. Other personal information may be automatically collected when you visit the Website, such as your IP address. We use the personal information described above for legitimate purposes which are detailed in the next section.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you use other functionalities of our Website, including when you participate in the following activities:
- Completing a form on our Website;
- Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication in order to receive our latest news; and/or
- Communicating with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service).
To help you better understand how your personal information will be used, you will find below a more detailed explanation on how your personal information will be used in relation to specific activities.
Completing a form on our Website. Our website offers you the possibility to request information on the products and services offered by Grow. Therefore, we will use the personal information that is collected to process your request to deliver any information you may request.
Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication. Sometimes, we may collect personal information to send you emails containing our latest news, products, services or promotions as well as those of third parties to whom we are linked. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at all times by following the instructions provided at the end of every email. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the instructions set out in the section titled “Contact us” below. Your request will be processed within the statutory timeframes.
Communicating with us to ask a question, submit a comment or file a complaint (customer service). If you choose to send us an electronic feedback form or to send comments, questions or feedback via email, we collect some personal information as well as your comments, suggestions and feedback. This personal information is used to respond to your comments, questions or feedback. We can also keep this information to help you in the future. We can also use your comments, suggestions and feedback to monitor and/or enhance our products and service offerings and our Website.
Management database and customer relationship management (CRM). When you participate in one of the above-mentioned activities, we collect personal information provided to complete and update our customer relationship database. In this context, the personal information collected is used to manage the relationship with customers, to generate mailing lists, to follow up with potential clients and to create internal reports on relationships between Grow and its clients to monitor and/or enhance our products and service offerings and our Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE WEBSITE
Cookies and other technologies. Grow uses “cookies” and other technologies on this Website, to collect data that enables us to better understand and improve the available features, performance and effectiveness of the Website. Cookies are files sent to your browser and stored on your computer. If you do not want Grow to send cookies to your browser, you can set your browser options to reject cookies or notify you when a website tries to put a cookie into your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some features of the Website.
A professional web analysis service. We can also use third parties, including Google, to:
- Use the following features of Google Analytics: the creation of reports based on the saved impressions on Google Display Network (a service that lets you place ads on a variety of news sites, blogs and other niche sites) to attract more potential customers; integration with DoubleClick Campaign Manager (management tool including a set of features used for advertising as well as targeting and monitoring advertising campaigns on websites and mobile devices linked to them, as well as the creation of Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests);
- Collect, analyze and/or gather your personal information (such as internet users’ IP address, sex, age and interests), as well as create Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests, in order to help us understand how visitors interact with our Website and to improve our products and our Website.
The companies conducting remarketing can combine the use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies for example), and third-party cookies (like DoubleClick cookies), to (i) gather personal information; (ii) to inform, optimize and advertise based on your previous visits on our Website; and (iii) to determine the relationship between the registered visits to our Website and the advertising impressions, the other uses of advertising services and the interactions with these advertising impressions and these advertising services. To measure the effectiveness of our ads, these companies may also use tracer tags or web beacons to account for certain information regarding your visits to our Website and to the Websites that have links to our site and that advertise it. If so desired, you can deactivate Google Analytics for the Display Ads. You can also customize the advertisements on the Google Display Network. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads to set your preferences.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Exceptions. We may transfer your personal information to:
- service providers, i.e. third parties (or otherwise make your personal information available to them) who provide services on our behalf in Canada, in the United States or abroad, including Google in order to use the various Google Analytics features described herein. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- to entities, organizations and authorities for legal purposes. In other words, we and our service providers can disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property; and/or
- to another entity in connection with a merger or sale including all or part of our company or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. In that case, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of the transaction.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented, and we apply administrative, technical and physical measures aiming to protect the personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of any individual seeking access or update to their personal information records.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT TO THE RETENTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
You may withdraw your consent to our retention, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as set out below in the “Contact us section.” However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to respond to your requests, process your requests or provide you with any help regarding the Website.
If you have comments or questions about the way we use your personal information or if you would like to access, review, update, or correct the personal information in our custody, please contact us in the manner described below.
Attention of: Chantal Yeung
Mailing address: 200-1285 W Pender, Vancouver, BC V6E 4B1